On Merit basis
Students are admitted on the basis of percentage of marks secured in secondary school examination Reservation of seats for ST/SC Candidates
The candidates of 14 – 40 years of age as on date of start of admission session are eligible for admission in ITI s/ ITCs
(b) Age Relaxation:
- There is no objection to the state government/union territory administration making necessary relaxation of upper age limit up to 45 years in case of ex-servicemen.
- Relaxation of upper age limit up to 45 years permissible in case of war widows.
- Widows/separated women would be allowed to join various training programmers under C.T.S. up to the age of 35 years.
- The upper age limit of physically handicapped candidates has been relaxed by 10 years and kept as 35 years on the date of start of admission session.
The academic qualification prescribed for the trade varies from class VIII pass to Class XII pass depending upon the trade. The trade vise prescribed qualification are given in the list of the trades covered under CTS .
(d) Reservation of Seats:
This should be as follows:
- For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes/Tribes in proportion to their population in each state/union territory.
- 25% seats will be reserved for women candidates and these seats can be filled up based on the general reservation policy of each State/UT, the total reservation being limited to 50%. If the seats meant for them are not utilised fully, the same can be filled in by men candidates subsequently.
- For boys and girls sponsored by the recognized orphanages, if specific reservation is not possible at least preference should be given to them at the time of admission to the Industrial Training Institutes/Centres.
- Three percent of the seats for admission into the Craftsmen Training Scheme and Apprenticeship Training Scheme should be reserved for candidates who are handicapped but have aptitude and are otherwise fit to undergo the required training. Attempts may be made by the States/UTs to ensure that 3% of the seats reserved for Physically handicapped are fully utilised. Steps should also be taken to give wide publicity in this regard, also by bringing the fact to the notice of associations/organisations of physically handicapped person & located in the states.
- Directorate General of Resettlement have confirmed the inclusion of Ex-servicemen category in the revised priorities for reservation up to 10 seats in each of the ITIs. As such the revised priorities for admission of wards of Defense personnel etc. would henceforth be as under:
- Children of deceased/disabled ex- servicemen, including those killed/disabled during peace time.
- Children of ex-servicemen.
- Children of serving jawans.
- Children of serving officers.
- 10 seats be kept reserved in each of the 410 identified ITIs with a maximum of 2 seats in a trade for Defence Service Personnel under Pre-cum-post release training programme in ITIs from the session starting from August, 2000. The list would be submitted by DGR in respect of each State to the concerned State Directorate well in advance to enable them to reserve the seats in different ITIs. For ITIs meant for Women, only women candidate if any would be considered for admission. The State Directorate would issue necessary instructions to the principals of the concerned ITIs to reserve the seats in the trades as per the request of DGR. Where it is not possible to accommodate the request, admission in alternative ITIs could be given.
Selection of candidates for admission in Industrial Training Institutes/Centres start well in advance of the commencement of each session. Admission should as far as possible, be completed by the date of starting of the session. Where it may be necessary to continue admission beyond the date of commencement of the session for filling vacant seats, it should not in any case go beyond one month of the date in the case of two-year trades and 15 days in case of one-year trades.
(f) Selection of the candidate:
As per the recommendation of NCVT admission in ITI s are to be made purely on merit based on the marks secured by the candidate in the public examination of the minimum qualification prescribed for the individual trade . Where ever there is no public examination at the minimum qualification level the merit may be made on the marks obtained by the candidate in the written examination conducted by the State Directorate for the purpose of admission.
(g) Prospectus / Performa for Admission:
Performa for admission may be obtained from the respective State Directorate dealing with Craftsmen Training Scheme or from the Principals of the concerned Industrial Training Institutes/ centers conducting training programme under Craftsmen Training Scheme.
(h) Start of Session:
Session in ITIs starts from 1st February and 1st August every year.